Children's Ministry Director Status:
Full-Time Supervisor Title:
Associate Pastor Job SummaryThe role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to lead the Creek Kids ministry at Currey Creek Church. This includes ministry to birth-5th grade children and their parents, leadership of staff and volunteer teams, and vision casting for programs, curriculum, milestones, and events.
Children and Families:
- Pray for Currey Creek children and their families.
- Look for opportunities to engage in meaningful interaction with children and parents on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.
- Set up appointments to meet with members, attendees, and first time visitors.
- Oversee communication between the church, children, and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Ensure and enable Gospel-centered and age-appropriate curriculum and teaching.
Organize and Empower:
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight to the Children’s Ministry team of staff, paid workers, and volunteers.
- Empower staff, paid workers, and volunteers to do the work of the ministry.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check out, setup and tear down.
- Lead creative team meetings with the appropriate team members in order to implement the curriculum on Sunday mornings and any additional programs associated with Children’s Ministry.
Recruit, Train and Equip:
- Recruit volunteers who have a passion for Jesus and for children.
- Train volunteers how to engage with, encourage, and teach children in fun and creative ways.
- Invite, train, and empower volunteers to lead within the children’s ministry.
- Ensure a monthly volunteer schedule is communicated.
- Ensure volunteers are followed up with and onboard.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Train volunteers on all security and safety policies and procedures including background checks, emergency procedures, and Ministry Safe trainings.
- Stay in touch with other vibrant children’s ministries around the country.
- Pray, brainstorm, dream, and plan how Children’s ministry can continue to develop and grow.
- Implement new ideas/events/programs as needed that are in alignment with church vision and direction.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Meet weekly with the Associate Pastor to discuss goals, ideas, and vision.
- Be prepared to share the vision and goals of the children’s ministry to anyone who may ask.
- Attend all loop and staff meetings.
- Work closely with student pastor and adult ministries pastor to engage and equip our families.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Currey Creek Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Exalt God, Engage the Culture, and Enrich the Christ follower on a personal level.
- 5 to 10 years experience working with children.
- 2 to 4 years experience on a children’s ministry staff at a local church.
- Previous leadership of a church staff and/or church volunteers preferred.