Job Title: Student Pastor
Status: Full-Time (40 hours)
Supervisor Title: Family Ministries Pastor
The role of the Student Pastor is to help lead 6th-12th grade students in a passionate pursuit of Christ. This is done through creating disciple-making environments for the students.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower adults who have a heart for Jesus and a heart for students
- Be a part of the middle and high school Upstream teaching team
- Invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and modeling that for other adults
- Systematically resource and equip parents to disciple their students
- Help lead Middle School and High School Upstream services with the assistance of interns, adult volunteers, and student volunteers
- Oversee and lead Upstre(AM) Sunday morning middle school ministry
- Act as the primary organizer of middle school student small groups, casting vision and providing training to all leaders
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the student ministry as a whole
- Oversee Student Leadership Teams and team leaders
- Schedule creative meetings with students to know how they think the student ministry could improve
- Oversee Wednesday night set up team
- Think, dream, pray, and brainstorm about the most effective ways to reach lost students and disciple found students. This includes large groups, small groups, service opportunities, and events.
- Help plan and lead any/all student activities and events.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats to provide evaluation and feedback
- Communicate with the Family Ministries Pastor and offer ideas on ways to improve the ministry
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Currey Creek Church and always protect the unity of the church
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Currey Creek Church
- Exalt God, Engage the Culture, and Enrich the Christ follower on a personal level