Job Title: Associate Student Minister
Status: Full-Time (40 hours)
Supervisor Title: Student Pastor
The role of Associate Student Minister is to help lead 6th-12th grade students in a passionate pursuit of Christ. This is done through creating disciple-making environments for the students.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower adults who have a heart for Jesus and a heart for students.
- Be a part of a student teaching team that will teach in both the middle and high school Upstream services.
- Invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and modeling that for other adults.
- Help lead Middle School and High School Upstream services with the assistance of interns, adult volunteers, and student volunteers.
- Act as the primary organizer of all student small groups, casting vision and providing training to all leaders.
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the student ministry as a whole.
- Meet with students regularly and work on developing a relationship with the middle and high school faculty/staff in our area.
- Schedule creative meetings with students to know how they think the student ministry could improve.
- Assist in the research, development, scheduling and planning of student curriculum.
- Communicate weekly with parents of students, informing them of weekly content, discussion questions, and overall direction of the ministry.
- Think, dream, pray, and brainstorm about the most effective ways to reach lost students and disciple found students. This includes large groups, small groups, service opportunities, and events.
- Help plan and lead any/all student activities and events.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats to provide evaluation and feedback.
- Communicate with the student pastor and offer ideas on ways to improve the ministry.
- Closely follow the Currey Creek Personnel Policy in regards to appropriate contact and communication with student and their families.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Currey Creek Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Currey Creek Church.
To Apply, click HERE